Have you ever been invited on an impromptu weekend away with just an hour to pack and go? Sounds like fun, doesn't it? But would you know exactly which pieces to reach for in your closet on a moment's notice so you'd have everything you need? Do you have easy key pieces that will co-ordinate with several others so you can keep your packing to a minimum? Will everything fit in an overnight bag? Think about it. What would you grab from your closet right now if suddenly had the opportunity to spend the weekend in Bermuda but you had to leave in one hour? Could you do it? Could you do it without having to shop when you got there?
Here's a simple weekend travel wardrobe consisting of 5 pieces - 4 pastel silk separates and one 2 piece bathing suit.
1. A two piece cotton bathing suit in a pastel print that co-ordinates nicely with the colors of the silk separates. The key here is that the top has enough coverage to double as a midriff top when worn with the skirt and the bottoms are boy shorts that can be worn as shorts with one of the blouses.
2. A pink silk blouse, shown here over the bathing suit bottom worn as shorts. It can also be worn with the matching pink pants or the orchid skirt.
3. A peach silk blouse with matching sash works great with the pink pants or the orchid skirt.
4. An orchid silk skirt works with the bathing suit top as well as the two blouses.
5. Pink silk cropped pants work with both blouses or with the bathing suit top.
Add a bead necklace, a couple pairs of earrings, a packable sun hat, and thong sandals. You're on your way! All pieces shown are by Mr. Mort Sportswear from 1960.