Tuesday, August 21, 2012

1960s Mod Era Master Designer Louis Feraud


Louis Feraud, 1967
When you think of the leading designers of Mod clothing, your mind probably automatically jumps to Pierre Cardin and Andre Courreges.  You would be correct, but you should also include Louis Feraud in that list.  Louis Feraud? Really????
Louis Feraud, 1968
I know, I know.  When you think Louis Feraud, you think of the rather mundane (dare I say awful) and ubiquitous designs of his from the 80s and 90s.  But today, I want to challenge you to put aside that impression of the Louis Feraud name and look at the fabulous Mod clothing the man was creating in the late 1960s.

Louis Feraud, 1968
Fabulous?  Indeed! 

Louis Feraud, 1968
Mod?  Indeed!

Louis Feraud, 1969
Creative?  Indeed!

Louis Feraud, circa 1968
A 1960s Mod Louis Feraud dress available at Couture Allure?  Indeed!

5 comments:

Lizzie - The Vintage Traveler said...

A person not familiar with designer history might think the same about Pierre Cardin. There is some pretty boring stuff out there with his label attached.

As for Feraud, I have a coat-dress from this era in my collection and it is just a super design, and superbly made. I love his stuff from the 60s.

deang said...

Feraud also produced some great haute couture stuff in the 1950s, starting in about 1955, I think. Not mod, though, very fifties.

Viola said...

Love it! I don't think I could ever get enough of crazy colourful mod designs. The design on the neckine of your Feraud dress is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Doing an essay on him now for fashion history class, love it, I have learned alot, and i love the mod look ! I think it would be cool to have a link to his bio to further our knowledge of his life, another great book for fashion designers is "Who's who in fashion" 5th ed.

Micha London said...

Thank you for this wonderful post! Louis FĂ©raud is really one of the best 60s designers!

Post a Comment