Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My New Muse

I've been packing up my office for the last couple of days in anticipation of our move this weekend.  What a job!  In doing so, I came across a French magazine from 1988 that I had forgotten about.  I flipped through it quickly and this image stopped me cold.  The magazine gave credit to the clothing designer, the makeup artist, the hair stylist and the photographer, but gave no mention of who the model was.  I posted the picture on my Facebook page, along with several others from the same photo shoot and an all day guessing game ensued about who she is.  Guesses of Isabella Rossellini, Helena Bonham Carter, Geena Davis, and Nastassja Kinski all proved wrong.  Then I got a private message with the answer.  This is model Celia Forner, who hails from Spain.  She had a brief career both in print and on the runway from 1987 to 1994.  Isn't she beautiful?

Photo by Cynthia Hampton for L'Officiel, 1988.