Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guy Laroche Coat - 1964

I'm not a fan of hoods.  In fact, I won't buy a coat that has a hood unless I can remove it by way of a zipper or snaps.  I think they are messy and bulky, they just get in the way.  But, I am a huge fan of this hood!  Guy Laroche designed this coat for his Fall 1964 collection.  With it came this separate hood that extends into a short capelet.  I think it's the perfect answer for those nasty winter days when you want to look good but need protection at the same time.  Do you love it as much as I do?

3 comments:

gingersnapsnyc said...

I think I may love this more than you!! It's seriously so incredible... I have covered a few hooded vintage coats on my blog, but I think the one below is my favorite :)

http://ginger-snap.com/fur-love-and-the-love-of-furry-things/

Ginger
www.Ginger-Snap.com

Featherstone Vintage said...

Wow, it's utterly perfect! That's exactly what I need to survive a Montreal winter in fashion.

juxtapose nz said...

Wish I'd seen this before I made a cape for the Monthly Stitch Cape Challenge. I might have to brush off the pattern making tools again this weekend and try and make one for myself. Very cool!

Post a Comment