Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Meet Penny and Anniken

I always enjoy seeing my customers wearing the vintage they buy from me, and I know you do too.

Meet Penny of Penny Dreadful Vintage. She's wearing a 1950s polka dot dress she bought from Couture Allure. I love the way Penny has accessorized the dress with green tights and gold shoes.

Here she adds a green jacket and coordinating scarf to completely change the look. Penny, you look marvelous and thanks for giving us an example of what we can do to make a vintage dress fun and modern!

I recently sold this vintage 1970s Hanae Mori evening gown and was lucky enough to see it on Anniken during my trip to California last month. Doesn't she look lovely?

While I prefer to show the garments I sell on a dressform for the website, sometimes a dress just comes alive on a real person. When Anniken moved in the dress, the two layers floated and the prints played off of one another in an enchanting fashion. You could see the butterflies on the underdress through the chiffon outer layer and it looked like they were flitting about in the mist. Mori's genius was apparent and I was delighted and amazed.