Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wild Accessories - 1966

During the Mod craze of the mid 1960s, accessories became bold and fun right along with clothing.  Today, a look at some fun things from 1966.  Would you wear these today?

Above, Veruschka wears a collar made of blue rhinestones by Jack Gilbert.

Huge white plastic earrings by Paco Rabanne.


Peter Bateman wig made of strands of rhinestones.  That's one way to sparkle at night!

Mirrored cubes made into earrings and a ring by Antonio Lopez for Paris House.

Plastic jewelry by Ingeborg/Georgio for Richelieu.

7 comments:

FairyFiligree said...

Love the wig best....... I think it's absolutely fun!

Trudy Callan said...

I think these are very interesting, but I doubt I would wear these.

Erin said...

No. On all counts. Unless it was for a Halloween costume. :)

those tricks said...

What I like most about these pieces is...their practicality.
haha
I think the rhinestone girl is leaning on her hand because otherwise her head wouldn't stay upright under all that weight.

Monique said...

I would wear all of them... except for perhaps the rhinestone wig. I think that one might give me a headache. :)

ivory suits said...

I can't imagine myself wearing those accessories. I guess they are too heavy for a human to wear such, but they made the women look gorgeous:)

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

I love all the looks, but agree that they are probably too bold for most of us. Still, they are fun to look at. I've been away and am just now catching up on comments. Thanks for being here everyone!

Post a Comment