Friday, August 19, 2011

Vintage Mink Coat, 1954

I am a firm believer that if you chose to wear fur, you should always chose vintage. That keeps coats and stoles already in existence out of our landfills and at the same time doesn't support the unneeded slaughter of today's animals for fashion. Since fall and winter are approaching and since fur coats were an accepted part of fashion in the past, I will be showing images of furs over the next few months. In showing images of vintage furs on this blog, I hope to inspire you and show you how beautiful they can be for the modern woman.  If you choose not to wear real fur, let these images inspire you to make your own with today's high quality faux furs.   

From 1954, this full length Emba Jasmine white mink coat is by Ritter Brothers.  Worn with Kislav white satin gloves and diamond and turquoise jewels by Van Cleef and Arpels.

9 comments:

Something White said...

Not only that coat is fantastic, but also the jewellery and that green colour!

bonita said...

~ * ♥ * ~

I totally agree ~ it's a lovely coat.

xox,
bonita of Depict This!
~ * ♥ * ~

Jen A. Miller said...

I wear the fur passed down to me from my mother. I will never buy new fur, but no use getting rid of a wonderful coat.

Anonymous said...

I love this! I have several vintage furs and several vintage faux furs!

Casey said...

Agreed! I have a collection of vintage fur pieces which I love to wear (but tend to do so sparingly--in deference to the many people that find it offensive). But I don't think I'd ever in a million years buy new fur--it's just too upsetting for me! I actually have some vintage fur pelts that someone when they took apart an old jacket that I've been meaning to make into an oversized muff or collar... ;)

Nicole said...

I agree with you that if people are to wear furs, it should be vintage. They are already here, and were an acceptable fashion for a period of time and that to me makes them treasures. I have been thinking of buying a vintage fur jacket myself, so I look forward to seeing these upcoming posts!

fashionoverfifty said...

Totally agree--altho i got a little out of control--for a while I had so many cute little furs, it was not good!

Maria OSullivan said...

Dear Couture Allure, thanks for all these posts. I love your blog. I also wanted to say a big thank you for the red and black dress I bought off you last week - it just arrived and is GORGEOUS! It's in absolute pristine condition. Also, your measurements are spot on because it fits me like a glove. Many thanks! Maria, Australia

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

I'm glad you like it Maria! It arrived really quickly, didn't it?

Post a Comment