Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Henry Rosenfeld Dress - 1955

I want this dress.  Or maybe I want to be her with those fabulous sunglasses and chandelier earrings holding a bouquet of flowers from my lover and about to board a boat to Rome.  No, it's the dress I want.  Bright cotton print in pale green, black, and red on a yellow background.  The black and white photo gives the illusion of a bare midriff, but the solid portion at her waist is yellow.
 Dress by Henry Rosenfeld.  Sold for $15 in 1955 (about $127 in today's dollar.)

4 comments:

Love Miss Daisy Vintage said...

Love!x

Val said...

Gorgeous! I would love to wear something like that!

Drappa said...

Hello!
I just stumbled upon this blog post and would love to find out where this picture is from if you don't mind? I just bought a Rosenfeld skirt with the exact same print and would love to try and hunt down the book or magazine the photo is in.
x

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

Drappa,
I'm sorry, but I have hundreds of magazines and books in my archives and I don't keep track of which photo comes from where. If and when I run across this image again, I'll let you know.

Post a Comment