Monday, July 25, 2011

1930s Beach Pyjamas

1931
 I am not an expert on this subject, but I have to share these with you for reasons that will become apparent as you continue reading.  In the 1930s, women wore beach pyjamas for strolling along the sand or down the boardwalk.  They were made of cool fabrics like rayon, cotton or linen and had huge wide legs.  They were often one-piece jumpsuits and sometimes had matching jackets.

1932
 I was tempted to title this post "How to Make Your Sister Happy".  If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you know that Pam, the owner of Glamoursurf, is my sister.  I happen to know that Pam has been coveting a pair of 30s beach pyjamas for quite awhile now.  On one of my recent hunting trips, I came across a pair and bought them for her birthday gift.

 I got a call from Pam on Wednesday and she asked me, "Did you hear me scream?"  Not only did she love her gift, but they fit her!!!!!!!!!  Doesn't she look fabulous?

Happy Birthday, sister!