Saturday, December 24, 2011

Weekend Eye Candy - Paul Poiret, 1929

I finally got to see "Midnight in Paris" yesterday.  It has now taken it's place in the list of my top 10 movies of all time.  If you haven't seen it I highly recommend this wonderful, wonderful film.  After watching the movie, I am inspired to bring you a dress from the 1920s today.  Paul Poiret designed this beauty in 1929.  It is red crepe with gold embroidery.  You certainly could wear it to hang with Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald!

5 comments:

Elinora said...

Usually I don't like very much the 20s and 30s trends but this dress is a beauty!

VintElegance said...

I love the roaring 20's and 30's the cloths the hair,the Great Gatsby my fovorite! Billie Holiday musuc I listen to all the 30's music one XM radio channel 4! Check it out some time.

VintElegance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria said...

I'll have to watch this movie, I'll see if I can find it, thanks for the recommendation. The 20s had a unique style all their own, love the dress, hair and jewels.

BaronessVonVintage said...

I really enjoyed that movie, too, though I don't quite agree with Allen's "thesis" that life is better in lived in the present....I like my vintage bubble a lot. hahah. Seriously, though, what a wonderful dress. SIGH

Post a Comment