Take one strapless evening gown in white (or black) peau de soie, pair it with matching white (or black) satin shoes, and dress it up 12 different ways. Now that's accessorizing! Dress shown is by Mr. David from December, 1959.
1. Add a long velvet ribbon sash over the bust with a corsage of green velvet leaves and tiny Christmas balls at the back.
2. Add a jacket or sweater with fur trim at collar and cuffs. Match your clutch and shoes to the fur.
3. Add a wide striped and fringed silk sash at the waist.
4. Wear the gown with a gold tweed evening coat, gold evening slippers, and sparkling rhinestone jewelry.
5. Add a sash in a colorful silk sari print, worn over one shoulder and tied at the waist.
6. Wear a statement sparkly necklace and long formal gloves.
7. Add a cropped jacket in a bright pop of color, suggested here - bright yellow velveteen.
8. Belt the waist with a bright pop of color and add matching shoes.
9. Wear a long chiffon stole over one shoulder and clasped at the waist with a large sparkling brooch.
10. Add a dramatic stole in white silk backed with emerald velvet and wear it wrapped or draped to the back.
11. Make a collar from holly leaves and berries woven with velvet ribbon.
12. Wear the dress solo with a dramatic hairdo, or pop on a wig in a different color from your own hair.