Friday, November 28, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Feeling a bit under the weather today. DH and I went to a party last weekend, and between the greeting kisses and handshakes, and the finger foods, I picked up something. Today's post will be a short and sweet one that shares a few of my favorite things.

I was catching up on my magazine reading yesterday, and came across this photo taken by Raymond Meier for the October 2008 issue of Vogue magazine. Who cares about the boots? Look at that face! Yes, I am a dog person. Here is my Zippy. Talk about cute faces!

I love the dramatic and sophisticated look of the 1940's. All of my favorite film stars and movies come from this era. I very rarely find 40's garments that fit my short-waisted figure. But thankfully, I can sew my own with vintage patterns. These are available from one of my favorite stores, Fuzzylizzie.com.


While we're talking about 40's fashion, how about a few swimsuits? My sister Pam is the owner of the premiere site on the web for vintage swimwear, glamoursurf.com. She offers the widest and best selection of vintage swimsuits you'll find anywhere.


Pam and I collaborate on another blog called Vintage Detail. We both love the details and construction of vintage garments, ones you just don't find in today's ready-to-wear. We developed this photo blog to share those special details with you. Use them for design inspiration, or just enjoy the ingenuity of clothing of years past.

My blogroll contains a select list of interesting blogs about fashion and living, both vintage and modern. I think you'll find them just as fun to read as I do!