Tuesday, May 19, 2009

1957 Cutex Lipstick Ad

I don't normally talk about vintage makeup, and I'm not going to today,but this ad stopped me in my tracks this morning. At a quick glance, it's a sweet ad for Cutex lipstick. I guess he'll love you for wearing this non-smearing lipstick in bright red to match your sweater and nails. Yep.

But wait! See that box that says, "Oooh, Look..."? Oh my, it's enough to make a vintage lovin' gal swoon with envy. Look!

In 1957, you could purchase this Cutex Lipstick Charm Bracelet for $1.75. It has four tiny real working lipsticks in different colors, along with a cute telephone charm. I have never seen a charm bracelet like this.......and I want one!!!!!!!!! I'm adding this to my list of things to be on the lookout for. I realize that 52 years later, the little lipsticks will be dried up and unusable, but that's not the point. Look how cute it is!

Have you ever seen one of these? Can you help me find it? Pretty please with sugar, whipped cream, and a cherry on top?????