Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My 1000th Post!


Today is an important one in the life of this blog. This is my 1000th post! I started this blog in January of 2006 as a way of sharing my love of vintage clothing from my unique perspective of a being a fashion designer and an experienced seamstress. It has evolved over the years into a way to share my extensive archive and library with you. I wish to thank all of you who are devoted readers of my blog. It is truly a labor of love, one from which I derive the deepest satisfaction. Let's get started on the second thousand, shall we?

I thought you might enjoy a look at some of the highlights of the past:

My first post from back in January 2006 no longer has the original pictures. I was still trying to figure out how to use Blogger at that point! My second post in the same month talked about the design technique of balancing asymmetry and showed a dress I was selling on eBay. That's my old mannequin. I used her for several years, but she is now long gone.

The post that has gotten the most views over the years is one from May 2009 entitled, "My Cinderella Dress". There must be a lot of people searching for Cinderella dresses out there!

The second most popular post was one I did about 1950s prom dresses in March of 2009. Hmmm, I sense a theme here!


The post that got the most attention and the highest number of comments ever was the one I did about Fraudulent Label Switching in the vintage industry in January of this year. It took months of research to pull this post together and I feel it is some of the most important work I've ever done.

My favorite post is one I wrote in August 2008. I poured my heart and soul into "An Ode to My Grandmother", the most important woman to have touched my life.