Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Paris, Day 2

I have so many of you asking for pictures of Paris, so here you go! Today it was cold and snowy here, but most of the major museums are closed on Tuesday. I knew the D'Orsay would be crowded, so instead we walked the streets of Montmartre. It's so beautiful here!


See the windmill at the top of the hill? It's one of only 2 original windmills that remain in Paris.

But now for the good stuff. Here's a vintage Leonard of Paris dress in a very expensive shop window.

And I found this vintage/thrift store today right near where we're staying. I'll be sure to check it out before we leave.

A peek in the door of Caverne a Fripes Vintage.

I'll try to post more for you tomorrow! Au revoir from Paris!

8 comments:

Deja Pseu said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these, and looking forward to see what the "fripes" has to offer...

Jenifir said...

Lucky you! I hope that you find something amazing for yourself at Caverne a Fripes Vintage. I hope to find some vintage in Paris next July(if they give me time) when I will be a chaperone for the choir my sons sing in.

Sheila said...

Oh, I loved walking through Montmarte when we were there in May! Have fun!

b said...

I love all the pictures...I swear I owned some of these things. My favorite was a camel hair coat with a mink collar. I gave it to my daughter last fall. cost: $125.00 in 1960

Bonita said...

Beautiful pictures....looks just like what I would picture it to -- even with the snow...have a croissant and latte for me!

BonjourRomance said...

Great shots, hope you are staying warm after our big snow on Wednesday. I was still slipping and sliding around town today. Perhaps you saw an American expat flying by...
Paris is a treasure trove for vintage clothing, I'm crazy for handbags. Just found your fantastic blog via Deja Pseu. I'm a new follower and will be back again soon.
Enjoy,
Mimi

Vix said...

Beautiful photos; I can't help but feel Paris in the snow must be even more wonderful (if a bit slippery) than at other times!

I hope your vacation is everything you've been dreaming it will be, and then some.

I've been terribly behind in commenting lately but so appreciate your sharing your archives and finds with us all. Here's to you coming back home with inspiration and maybe just a FEW treasures.

sbot said...

Jealous. Looks like a dream!!
Please feel free to check out my newly started blog : )
http://www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com/
-Stephanie

Post a Comment