Thursday, December 16, 2010

Window Shopping on Avenue Montaigne, Paris

On my recent trip to Paris, my dear husband indulged me with a stroll down the Avenue Montaigne for some window shopping. Of course, I had to bring you along. Click on the pictures for a larger view.

While the original Chanel flagship store is on Rue Cambon, the large store at 42 Avenue Montaigne is at the epicenter of arguably one of the most expensive shopping streets in the world.

The windows are tastefully decorated for Christmas, but the mannequins are wearing spring designs for 2011.

I fell in love with the Coco dolls in one window. We went inside the store to inquire about them, but they are not for sale. Karl designed them just for the windows of a few stores. I imagine they will be used as gifts for very important clients. Sigh.

Gianfranco Ferre window

Emilio Pucci window

The Christian Dior store occupies just as important a spot as Chanel on the Avenue Montaigne and has equally large and numerous windows.

Dior Haute Couture Cruise 2010/2010

Christian Dior gown completely covered in pearls and beads.

Christian Dior Haute Couture Cruise 2010/2011.

More tomorrow!