Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Costume Contest Entries #3

Here are more entries in our Halloween Costume Contest!  Want to win a $50 Couture Allure gift certificate?  Send me your photos!  Today is the last day to send in your photos.  Winner announced on Friday!

13.  Laura Mae of Lilacs and Lace as Lucy Ricardo. Laura made the dress from a vintage pattern and dressed her dog Tino as Ricky.

14.  Jennifer as a 1950s black widow. Vintage hat dolled up with a spider web. Vintage gloves, vintage inspired dress. Jennifer says, "This 1950's housewife is at the funeral of her late husband. He thought her pumpkin muffins were to die for--literally."

15.  Danielle of Constantly Alice as Snow White. She is wearing a vintage boiled wool jacket and a vintage apple brooch.

16.  Katy O'Grady was inspired by Toulouse Lautrec's rendering of Moulin Rouge dancer Jane Avril. Katy's gloves are vintage and the rest she made.

17.  Kris Ward made her costume and decorated it with vintage sequins. Gotta love a clown in orange satin shoes!

18.  Stephanie Harvey says, "My costume was inspired by all the idea of a circus freak around the 1940's. My freak was the bird woman and I was wearing what I guess is a 1930's dress or maybe 1970's, I'm not sure, it's silk and it close at the front just with a little button. On top of the dress a corset with a crinoline pinned at the back. Except the fishnets, every part of my costume is a treasure from the past."

19.  Caitlin as a retro zombie. She says, "I made the dress from Simplicity 4602, which I'm guessing is from about 1961. I'm also wearing a vintage brooch and girdle and carrying a blood-covered 50s (?) lucite clutch."

Holly of Lucite Box dressed as Karl Lagerfeld.

20.  Rachel of Miss Cherry's Diary as a 1940s black and white film noir starlet.  Rachel says, "It took me hours to cover myself in white paint, which unfortunately seems to have gone all over my dress! My dress wasn't vintage but my hat, gloves and pearls were."