Friday, February 10, 2012

Do You Wear Vintage Suits?


This photo caused quite a sensation over on my Facebook fan page earlier this week.  It seems everyone adores this suit by Jean Patou from Spring 1951.  It's beige silk shantung embroidered with little black bows and worn with a matching black silk skirt.

Don't get me wrong.  I love this suit too.  But sales of suits have dropped out of site from my Couture Allure website.  I have to wonder why that is.  Maybe it's just that the suits I currently have in stock are not desirable, but I don't think so.

Do you wear suits?  Or do you think as a society we have become too casual and our daily lives no longer require a suit as part of our wardrobe?  If you do wear suits, have you ever purchased a vintage suit?  I'd love your input on this, as I'm really puzzled.