Monday, April 20, 2009

Sweet Shoes from 1949

I don't mean sweet like candy. I mean suh-weeeeeet, like don't they make you drool?

deliso debs shoes, 1949, polka dotsDeLiso Debs polka dot linen shoes in two styles could be purchased with the matching Lennox handbag.

Cobblers wedges came in kid suede or leather in lots of colors. My favs!

White wedges in flat, low, and high heels by Fortunet.


Three styles of black leather pumps from Matrix Shoes.

Pandora suede pumps exclusively for the Famous-Barr department store in St. Louis. Love the rosette on the vamp!

UPDATE! Thanks to Deja Pseu for pointing out Re-Mix Vintage Shoes where you can buy reproduction styles from the past. And thanks to Fleur de Guerre for introducing me to Rocket Originals, who also make fabulous reproduction shoes and clothing in the UK!!!

8 comments:

casey said...

I'm in love with the shoes in the top ad!!!

Fleur de Guerre said...

So that's where Rocket Originals got their design for their wedges!

http://www.rocketoriginals.co.uk/prodimages/SL271128.jpg

They're like the Fortunet ones. How I wish we could go back and order some of these other fab shoes.

Sal said...

Loving the Matrix designs ...

Deja Pseu said...

Those are fabulous, and could easily be worn today.

There's a place here in LA that makes reproduction vintage shoes. I keep meaning to visit there and blog about them, as some of their shoes look very timeless and comfortable.
http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/

Gladys said...

I am a dead woman! My husband is going to kill me dead! I love shoes. I love vintage shoes even more. I am officially going to be dead when he see UPS drive up the drive.

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

LOL! Glad I could be of service, Gladys! And thank you to Fleur and Deja for pointing out those fabulous sites!

theresa said...

Can someone please invent a time machine? Then I could have all those gorgeous shoes in the ads, and at 40s and 50s prices! I do have a pair of wedges from Remix like the ones in the upper left hand corner of the ad. They are sooo comfy, good quality and are great for swing dancing.

Vintage Verve said...

oooh. I bought a pair just like these today as my "back ups" for my wedding (what....can't a girl have more than one pair of shoes for the same outfit???)

Post a Comment