Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dior Evening Dress - 1949

Christian Dior, 1949 evening dress
Oh, how I wish this photo was in color! The year: 1949. The designer: Christian Dior. The dress: Simply magnificent.

Dior covers a strapless ballerina length dress with masses of flowers for his Spring line. Sprinkled among the pastel blossoms are notes of blue-violet. Dior accessorizes the dress with a violet leather belt and a violet Juliet cap. Perfection.

Want to see a larger view? Click on the photo.

3 comments:

Frances Baker said...

How beautiful! I recently went to see an exhibition on 1950's couture that featured some amazing pieces by Dior, it was breathtaking!

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Where was the exhibit?

Sal said...

Oh, me too. I'd LOVE to see this in color.

Post a Comment