Thursday, March 26, 2009

1949 Sunglasses

One of the easiest and least expensive ways to change your look is with a pair of sunglasses.

This ad is from 1949, and I love every single pair. I own a modern pair very similar to the ones at the lower right. I think I bought them at TJ Maxx several years ago. Vintage styled sunglasses are becoming mainstream, and you can sport several retro looks for very little money. Check out these vintage inspired styles now available at Forever 21 stores and priced at less than $6.00 each!

Round lenses with tortoiseshell frames.

Rounded square frame with stripes.

Translucent colored frames also come in pink, purple, and black. Love the yellow though.



Need the real thing? My friends over at Listit Vintage Cafe have this pair of original 1940's lucite framed sunglasses for $165.