A few beauty tips and trends from 1964:
- A deep suntan is in style now. Ads for suntan lotions and oils occur frequently in summer magazines.
- Long fingernails become popular as women have more leisure time due to time (and nail) saving appliances. The newest nail polish shades are neutrals and rose pinks.
- Eyebrows are always neatly shaped and colored with brow make-up for drama.
- As with nails, the new lipstick shades are neutrals and rosy pinks.
- Eyeliner is drawn on wide and swept up at the ends for that cat's-eye look.
- False eyelashes supplement your own.
- Blush is relatively new and is used to hollow and contour cheeks.
- Hair is teased for day and up-swept at night.
- Pale eyeshadows complement the current pastels in your wardrobe.
- Two-toned hair with streaks or tips are a new trend in hair.
- Matte finishes rule, from powdered faces to blotted lips.
Written content is copyright of Couture Allure. If you are reading this anywhere but on the Couture Allure Vintage Fashion Blog, it is via RSS feed.